Tuesday, July 15, 2014

YOU! can change the world in 15 minutes


Every Sunday we have 2,000+ people missing from fellowship. We don't have an empty seat problem. We have a missing person’s problem.

I grew up in an upper class, missionary family. Literally everyone in my family was a missionary, except me. I was born again at an early age after hearing a preacher at church hold up an obituary and talk about the global pandemic that has plague the world since Genesis Chapter 3, death. He said God promised back then to make it right and followed through on that promise with Jesus Christ. So I believed and accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior with my mom on the steps at our home.

From High School to my late twenties I was missing from fellowship and was getting beaten down. I was a praying Christian but almost all alone, I had no Christian friends and my life didn't look different from the world.

It wasn't until a work acquaintance asked me about Jesus did I ever have a chance to talk about my faith. He asked me to church and I said "No, thanks". He and I became friends and I later invited him to church (since he was the only guy I knew who did that). I found the music was enjoyable, the people were friendly and God spoke to my heart. I was home and now I want my friends to experience that same feeling of being welcome home.

Let's do this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment